You can’t talk content marketing, strategy or return on investment (ROI) without mentioning CALLS TO ACTION.
BusinessDictionary.com defines a call-to-action as,
“Words that urge the reader, listener, or viewer of a sales promotion message to take an immediate action, such as, “Write Now,” “Call Now,” or (on Internet) “Click Here.” A retail advertisement or commercial without a call-to-action is considered incomplete and ineffective.”I’m constantly looking for effective and innovative CTAs, because let’s face it, “Click Here!” gets old after a while.
So, I’ve compiled a list of some smart and savvy CTAs just for you. Thank me later!
THE BEST CALLS TO ACTION I’VE SEENHere are twenty of the BEST CTAs I’ve seen, accompanied with tips or [LINK] – meaning that is the link placement for the user to complete the CTA and visit your content/blog/event/site/etc..
- Grab Yours Now –> [LINK] (yep, it had that little arrow leading me right to the link)
- Will You Be There? [LINK]
- Hope To See You Soon! [LINK]
- Please Share With Your Friends And Fans: [LINK]
- What Are Your Thoughts On This (Topic)? [LINK]
- How Would You Handle ______? [LINK] (asking for responses; tie it in with your topic)
- Read This Post: [LINK]
- Have You Ever ______? (enticing comments or engagement)
- What’s YOUR Favorite ______? [LINK] (tie it in with your topic)
- This Article Will Teach You How To ______: [LINK]
- YES or NO? ____________ (see example below from Amy Porterfield)
- Seriously, SIGN UP! You’ve Got Nothing To Lose: [LINK]
- Save Your Seat! [LINK]
- Limited Seating Available: [LINK]
- View This _____ To Learn How To ______: [LINK]
- Want A Sneak Peek At ______? [LINK]
- QUICK QUESTION: Do You Prefer A, B, Or C? (enticing comments or engagement)
- You Don’t Want To Miss _______! [LINK]
- This Is THE Solution For ______: [LINK]
- This List Is Filled With Resources For ______: [LINK]
WHY ALL OF YOUR CONTENT SHOULD COME WITH A CTAWhether it’s an ad, blog post, tweet, or update, each piece of your content marketing should have quantifiable goals. What are you hoping to accomplish? What do you want the reader to do?
Without this critical step, you’re using the loathed (by me, anyway) “post and pray” method – which is fruitless when trying to measure ROI. If you’re a real marketer looking for real results, you will have a goal in mind for your content. And with it, some sort of call-to-action. Slapping a post on Facebook and waiting for ‘likes’ is SO 2010!
So is using, “Click Here” for every, single CTA.
Courtesy of Steemfeed